Wolves: "Call of the Wild"
This adventure will introduce Wolves to several camping skills—selecting and bringing gear, participating with their families in campfire shows, and being prepared for bad weather. They will also learn about animals they might see, the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids, tying knots, and how to handle potentially harmful situations. Many boys join Scouting because they want to go camping.
- Show how to tie an overhand knot and a square knot.
- Identify four different types of animals. Explain how you identified them.
- Learn and show how to Take care of themselves in the wilderness
Wolves: "Finding Your Way"
Many boys join Scouting because they want to go camping. Learning to read and use a map and a compass is a valuable skill. In this adventure, Scouts will receive an introduction to maps, symbols, and the cardinal directions of north, south, east, and west. They will also learn the basic functions of a compass.
- Use your new knowledge to go on a scavenger hunt
- Go on a hike in your desired location