As we continue to provide advancement opportunities to Scouts, here are this week’s online Merit Badge classes. These classes will give Scouts a chance to continue working on the Scouting curriculum, achieve advancements towards their Scouting goals, and connect with other Scouts all over the country!
Throughout each class, Scouts will fulfill many requirements during the online sessions. Scouts may have some requirements to complete on their own at home or with their units at a later date. Within 2 weeks after completion of the session, you will receive a digital blue card via email detailing your advancement. You can then forward this information to your Scout Leader or Advancement person to input into your Scoutbook account. No hard copy blue card will be issued.
Please remember that any electronic communication involving a youth member must adhere to BSA’s “two deep” leadership policies so youth sending emails or texts should cc their parent or another adult.
Week of July 6th
Next week's theme is Earth Science. These programs are recommended for participants age 11 and up or who have completed 5th grade. All course times listed below are EST. Registration Opens on July 3rd at 9am:
Thank you to MIT/Lincoln Labs for sponsoring our Global Citizen Week.
- Family Life – Monday, July 6th – 10 am-12 pm – Instructor Chuck Blanchette
- Personal Management – Monday, July 6th & Wednesday, July 8th – 12 pm-2 pm – Instructor Chuck Blanchette
- Environmental Science – Monday, July 6th & Wednesday, July 8th – 2 pm-4 pm – Instructor Chuck Blanchette
- Communication – Monday, July 6th & Wednesday, July 8th – 4 pm-6 pm – Instructor Alison Batey
- Oceanography – Monday, July 6th & Wednesday, July 8th – 4 pm-6 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
- Dog Care – Tuesday, July 7th – 10 am-12 pm – Instructor Alison Batey
- Reptile Study – Tuesday, July 7th & Thursday, July 9th – 11 am-1 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
- Weather – Tuesday, July 7th & Thursday, July 9th – 1 pm-3 pm – Instructor Alison Batey
- Soil & Water Conservation – Wednesday, July 8th – 1 pm-4 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
- Veterinary Medicine – Thursday, July 9th – 11 am-1 pm – Instructor Alison Batey
- Citizenship in the Community – Friday, July 10th – 10 am-1 pm – Instructor Alison Batey
- Geology – Friday, July 10th – 10 am-1 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
- Sustainability – Friday, July 10th – 10 am-1 pm – Instructor Zack Shepherd
- Mining in Society – Friday, July 10th – 1 pm-3 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
- Pulp & Paper – Friday, July 10th – 1 pm-3 pm – Instructor Zack Shepherd
SOLD OUT - NOVA Award - SHOOT! – Tuesday, July 7th & Thursday, July 9th – 3 pm-5 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
World Conservation Award – Thursday, July 9th – 2 pm-3 pm – Instructor Darrin Johnson
Enhance your Online Merit Badge Experience
Dozens of business, community, and civic leaders are donating their time and expertise to support Base Camp Online through our virtual guest speaker program. These programs are free and almost limitless (200+ attendance cap), they are open to anyone. The experts will share their personal and professional story, their background, and a little about what it’s like to work in their field. The virtual classroom manager will take chat questions from the audience and the guest speaker will answer the questions.
For those whose in-person programs have been rescheduled:
Please consider turning your credit or payment into a tax-deductible Charitable contribution to the Spirit of Adventure Council. Your generosity will help provide the revenue possible to continue to develop programs as we all work through this crisis. If you plan to convert your credit or payment to a Charitable gift, please send an email to Laura Moriarty, [email protected], stating the program and dollar amount, she’ll verify and send your tax statement.