April Vacation: STEM Camp (Week Long)
At New England Base Camp in Milton
Boys and Girls
8:30am- 4pm & Extended Day available
Younger scientists, boys and girls in the 1st through 5th grade, will enjoy a week full of STEM activities. From cool science experiments to nature walks, from drones to dino digs, from weather to space exploration, from art/design to animals! All scouts will work towards earning their NOVA Award!
Those in 5th grade, and scouts who are crossing over to troops soon, can choose to take the General Science Pathway designed as a transition. It includes a general introduction to science experiments: Biology, Chemistry, Sustainability and a field trip to a local Science Museum.
Older scientists, boys and girls in the 6th through 12th grade, will choose a pathway themed around STEM activities including field trips, visits from scientists and engineers and hands-on projects. Scouts will earn the corresponding merit badges. Pathway choices range from
- Robotics: Program includes introduction to robotics using lego Mindstorm kits, a field trip to iRobot, and a chance to earn the Robotics Merit Badge
- Engineering: Program includes working with engineers from all throughout Boston, a field trip, access to a 3D printer at New England Base Camp, and a chance to earn the Engineering and Inventing Merit Badges
- Energy/Electricity: Program includes learning about electromagnetic energy, fusion, playing with a Geiger Counter, field trip to MIT Fusion Lab, instruction by MIT Researchers, and a chance to earn the Electricity, Energy, and Nuclear Science Merit Badges
- Game Design/Animation: Program includes making art with science, making your own digital cartoons, a field trip to FableVision, working with Animators at FableVision, and a chance to earn the Animation, Game Design, and Chess Merit Badges
- Architecture/Design: Program includes design layout landscaping, a field trip and a chance to earn the Architecture, Drafting, and Landscape Architecture Badges
April Vacation: National Youth Leadership Training (Week Long)
At New England Base Camp in Milton
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide all 13- to 20-year-old youth members of the Boy Scouts of America, both male and female, with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home, units and in future endeavors.
Requirements: Scouts who attend NYLT should be at least 1st Class and have attended at least one week at a week long summer camp in the past. Ages 13 - 20 year old members of the Boy Scouts of America, including Scouts and Venturers.
Summer Camp (Week Long)
Boys and Girls
Throughout the summer, our primary location (Milton, MA) operates nine weeks of day camp programs. Campers will rock climb, swim, learn the shooting sports, build a campfire, do some crafting, learn wilderness survival skills and even do some outdoor cooking. All the classic outdoor scout badges are offered during these weeks. Separately, many of our satellite locations offer full blown weeks of camp programming during the summer.
Lunch is included in registration. Campers will be provided lunch from a rotating menu of hot and cold food items, side dishes, and drinks, including sandwiches, pizza, fruit, etc. We can accommodate most dietary needs.
Optional Extended Day Program: The Extended Day program provides programming and supervision to campers following the end of the camp day. With this option, parents can pick up campers anytime Monday-Thursday between 4-6 p.m. Extended Day is not available on Friday.
Grades 1-5 at New England Base Camp
July 6th- 10th: Milton Day Camp Week 1
July 13th- 17th: Milton Day Camp Week 2
July 20th- 24th: Milton Day CampWeek 3
July 27th- 31st: Milton Day Camp Week 4
August 3rd- 7th: Milton Day Camp Week 5
August 10th- 14th: Milton Day Camp Week 6
August 17th- 21st: Milton Day Camp Week 7
August 24th- 28th: Milton Day Camp Week 8
August 31st- Sept. 4th: Milton Day Camp Week 9 “Space Camp at Base Camp”
Grades 1-5 at Satellite Location Camps
July 6th- 10th: North Andover Day Camp New
July 6th-10th: Cambridge STEM Camp
July 13th-17th: Topsfield Day Camp
July 13th-17th: Lawrence STEM Camp New
July 20th-24th: Lexington Day Camp
July 27th-31st: Haverhill Day Camp
August 3rd-7th: Wakefield Day Camp
August 10th-14th: Wakefield STEM Camp
August 17th- 21st: Chelmsford Day Camp
Grades 6-12 at New England Base Camp
July 6th- 10th: Adventure Camp
July 13th- 17th: Canoe Camp
July 20th- 24th: Kayak Camp
July 27th- 31st: Climbing Camp
August 3rd- 7th: Adventure Camp
August 10th- 14th: Trades Camp New
August 17th- 21st: Wildlife Management Camp New
August 24th- 28th: Climbing Camp
August 31st- Sept. 4th: Space Camp
Join Day Camp Summer Staff!
This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.