We realize with schools closed for extended periods, kids and families will be looking for educational and fun activities. Check out some of the resources and tips below to enhance all of that time spent at home! And don't forget to check out the Base Camp YouTube Channel for lots of how-to videos from staff and Scouts like some of the videos below!
Resources for Parents, Teachers, and Leaders
Activities for Cub Scouts / Grades K-5
Watch Video Den Meetings/Cub Adventures:
Follow us on Facebook for updates and to see our daily Facebook Live sessions, featuring members of the New England Base Camp Program Team! Watch a selection of our videos by clicking below!
- Cub Scouts (Webelos)- Fire Starters: Watch how Alison uses household objects to create a fire starter!
- Bear- Forensics: Watch how Nick uses ink chromatography to solve a mystery!
- Cub Scout- Light Science: Watch how Kira turns a room into the inside of a camera!
- Webelos- Stronger, Faster, Higher: Watch how Alison helps her Scout complete an obstacle course and sets a time goal!
- Bear- Make it Move: Watch how Darrin creates a Rube Goldberg machine to see how energy transfers!
- Wolves- Adventures in Coins: Watch how Alison discovers parts of coins, does a coin rubbing and plays a game!
- Bear- Roaring Laughter: Watch how Alison explores jokes, tongue twisters and silly stories!
Activities for Scouts BSA / Grades 6-12